drive change for the 21st-century student with an online m.a. in educational innovations
the st. edward’s university online master of arts in educational innovations (ma-edin) will help you shape the future of higher education and work in pk-12 programs to equip students for higher education. in just 21 months, you will learn the impact of mental health issues common in education, cross-cultural issues/strategies, and how data analytics drives educational outcomes to help you empower 21st century students.
for detailed descriptions, please request a program overview by filling out a request for information form.
the online ma-edin is a fully online program conducted over five semesters (21 months). it features a variety of high impact formats optimized to subject:
- a blend of asynchronous coursework and live online sessions
- 10 courses for a total of 30 credit hours
- faculty-guided apprenticeship research project
course topics include:
- 21st-century education, services and applications
- leading strategically in higher education
- assessing organizational data
- abnormal human behavior
- career development and planning
- advocacy, support and strategies for students with learning disabilities
- cross-cultural communication
- predictive analytics in higher education and leadership
the online ma-edin program prepares you to:
- identify, evaluate, and apply best practices in working with 21st-century students
- understand the impact of mental health issues common in educational settings
- investigate cross-cultural issues and strategies for effective communication
- effectively leverage data analytics to drive improved educational outcomes
with your online ma-edin, you should be able to:
- support students’ success in education and beyond
- offer advising, counseling, and mentoring in academic settings
- understand how interdisciplinary and social justice are affecting 21st-century education as it relates to teaching, learning, and student success
- articulate and apply current theories of learning and best practices for working in educational settings
- develop plans for program management by using data-derived insights
- create a toolkit for identifying and intervening in students’ mental health challenges
- demonstrate increased awareness of global and cultural competence
- identify and develop potential leadership skills for the workplace
how to apply
we require all applicants for the ma-edin to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
to start your application, follow these steps:
1. complete st. edward’s university application for admission
the admissions application for the ma-edin can be completed online here //stedwards.elluciancrmrecruit.com/admissions/pages/welcome.aspx. you will need to create and validate an account, before beginning the application. note there is a $50 application fee to apply.
2. official transcripts from all institutions attended
st. edward’s university prefers transcripts submitted electronically. if your undergraduate institution does not provide electronic transcripts, please have official transcripts mailed to:
st. edward’s university
office of admissions
3001 south congress
austin, tx 78704-6489
3. submit personal statement
4. a copy of a government-issued id
driver’s license, state id or passport
5. additional requirements for international students or permanent resident applicants
foreign applicants may be required to submit scores from the test of english as a foreign language (toefl) to demonstrate proficiency in english sufficient to successfully complete the program.
note: the gre and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required for admission. we accept applications on a rolling basis.